- a contract is awarded, supporting a staff of local estimators, project managers and office staff, and their [shitty] 401k managers, and insurance salesmen;
- sub-contracts are awarded, supporting a staff of local estimators, project managers and office staff, laborers and tradesmen, material suppliers, equipment rental companies, equipment builders, resource companies, and their [shitty] 401k managers, and insurance salesmen;
- who spend their income on homes, food, water, utilities, schools, doctors, [las vegas] hookers, and cottage industry [marijuana].
Figure 1: source graphic, wikipedia.com - source info, cotton.org/econ/cropinfo/cropdata/rankings.cfm
when you buy a tshirt:
- a highly levered, cyclical, and, in all liklihood, public company (because what sucker would finance such a business out of pocket), pays a Bermudan REIT for rental space;
- pays debt service while able;
- pays high school kids minimum wage;
- pays Sri Lankan taylors less than minimum wage;
- pays a Liberian flagged shipper;
- pays Chinese and Indian cotton producers;
- who pay Amerians a pittance in return for easily acquired and difficult to protect intellectual property.
Even the most pugnacious recognize the overwhelming evidence supporting a libertarian stance in today's increasingly polarizing political climate, but we have to be realists, after all. Abandon the banks and advance civilization. Get behind projects that validate having such a nutty deficit number. They should be of monumental undertaking. People and the government would be better off having dole birds pick up one Starburst wrapper after another on the side of the road than afford those to collect shelter and food with an ample energy-time balance to procreate and scheme.
Las Vegas was built by recreating labor from the Hoover Dam project.